Aesthetic dentistry helps a lot to obtain a beautiful smile, and it corrects many dental abnormalities.
1. Dental bonding: this is often administered to fill gaps within the teeth and canopy stains and chips. the method involves the appliance of a composite resin material to the tooth. the fabric, which is out there in several shades, is sculpted to hide the specified area. it’s then dried employing a high-intensity light or a chemical. the method doesn’t cause any discomfort to the patient except when a minor tooth roughening is completed. Dental bonding doesn’t require quite one visit to the dentist and is comparatively inexpensive as compared to other dental restoration techniques.
2. Tooth contouring and reshaping: This quick, inexpensive, and non-invasive procedure is employed to repair dental issues like overlaps, shallow pits and grooves within the enamel, worn edges, and chipped teeth. The dentist uses a polishing instrument for the removal of a small amount of enamel and therefore the tooth is reformed. Enamel removal is performed only after dentists confirm during an X-ray that teeth require strong enough remodeling to counter some enamel loss. the method is completed with the smoothing and polishing of the sides of the newly contoured tooth. the method usually requires a follow-up visit after the primary visit.
3. Mouthguards and night guards: These are plastic appliances that provide protection to the mouth during sports and also while sleeping. Mouthguards disperse shock caused by violent contact and thus protect the top and neck. they’re prepared to employ a cast of the teeth. The mouth guards are often stock, mouth-formed, or custom-made. Nightguards prevent bruxing between teeth during sleep. they’re ideal for people with worn teeth, those that suffer aches within the jaws, and other people with teeth that are sensitive to cold.
4. Halitosis or bad breath: The breakdown of food particles by the bacteria present under plaque, within the crevices on the tongue, and between teeth results in the generation of volatile sulfur compounds (VSC) that cause bad breath. periodontitis is additionally an explanation for halitosis. Dentists determine the quantity of VSC being generated by employing a heliometer. Treatment usually involves following the prescribed oral hygiene routine and includes the use of irrigation, artificial saliva, tongue scrapers, etc.
5. Tooth whitening: This treatment is beneficial for removing stains that appear thanks to the consumption of tea, coffee, cigarettes, and wine. Whitening is administered using bleaching gel, which is typically hydrogen or carbamide peroxide. The gel breaks down releasing oxygen molecules that penetrate the enamel and dentin and disintegrate the stains. The time required for results to seem depends upon the source of the stain and varies from a couple of hours to a couple of weeks.
6. Crowns and bridges: Teeth that require repair after an accident or excessive decay are often treated by employing a crown, which is a man-made replacement for the upper portion of the tooth. A bridge involves placing an alternate tooth that’s held in situ using two crowns that are bonded on adjacent teeth.